Wednesday, April 8, 2020

4/8 Wonderful Wednesday 4th & 5th grade Recorder Lesson

Hi 4th and 5th graders!

Thank you to those of you who are commenting on my blog. The only ones I've heard from so far is: Maddy, Zac and Lindsey. Remember, you need to comment on two blogs a week to get a passing grade for music class!

Today's lesson is going to simply be this: practice your recorder! Review a few songs that you've already passed and practice the next song you're on. Starting next week I will post a video of me helping you learn a new song that's not in the Recorder Karate packet. I'm sharing a link with you of the recorded music for each of the 9 Recorder Karate songs. This link contains the same recordings that I have on the CD I use in music class.


  1. Click the link above
  2. Scroll down to find "Recorder Karate"
  3. Click "Practice Online"
  4. Your user name is: Karate
  5. Your password is: rubric
  6. Choose which recording to practice with. The full performance is accompaniment and recorders on the recording. The accompaniments fast and slow are just accompaniments. The concert versions are just 3 of the songs with different and nicer accompaniments.
  7. If you save your user name and password, you may be able to avoid steps 4&5 the next time you log in.
Comment below and tell me what songs you practiced on your recorder today and if you played them with the recordings. Try to practice at least 3 songs. If you're able, you can record yourself playing the next song you want to test for. Email me the video (dklemp@stedwardk5.org) and I can let you know if you earned the belt! Happy practicing!

12 comments:

  1. I practiced gently sleep, merrily we roll along and it's raining. I didn't play with the recording but I listened to them. I'm going to keep practicing it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I practiced gently sleep on full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I PRACTICED HOT CROSS BUNS AND GENTLY SLEEP AND MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
    OWEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the recording and then did hot cross buns gently sleep and old McDonald

    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for checking in Zac, Mason, Owen and Maddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I played Hot cross buns,Gently sheep,Merrily we roll along with the recording I might record myself tomorrow. Thanks Mrs.Klemp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi JoJo! Hope you are doing well. Have a nice Easter!

      Delete
  8. i have been working on mcdonald

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, just saw this and didn't practice it. Sorry again. Keira

    ReplyDelete